Photo Gallery Faceted Gems cut by John. All the colored gemstones were faceted by John. All the handmade jewelry was made by John. Many of the jewelry pieces are made with commercial mountings. All the colored stones and diamonds were set by John.
John has been cutting gemstones since 2001. During this time, he has worked with more than 1,000 clients that include individuals, jewelers, and gem collectors in the United States, Africa, Canada, Europe, and Australia. John learned how to cut gemstones starting with two one-day faceting lessons, and since that time, John has attended over a dozen week-long lapidary and jewelry making workshops.
He has experience cutting gemstones from rough - both faceted and cabochons, repairing broken gemstones, cutting stones for jewelry inlay, gemstone drilling, cutting slabs, trimming and cobbing rough, and offering stone cutting classes. John’s studio workshop is in Lexington, Kentucky.
This is the photo gallery of faceted gems.
View photo gallery of cabochons
Cutting Gemstones - Services
Gems by John provides full lapidary services
- Gemstone cutting
- Faceting gemstones
- Making cabochons
- Trimming and cobbing gemstones
- Rock & Mineral slab cutting
- Drilling holes in gems
Repair Gemstones - Services
Do you have jewelry with scratched or chipped stones? John is an expert at making your stones look new again. John also can replace missing stones in inlay jewelry.
- Fine Jewelry
- Fashion Jewelry
- Native Jewelry
Gutting Gemstones - Class
- Cutting gemstones training class is scheduled by appointment, contact John by email at JohnWright@GemsByJohn.com
- One day faceting class workshop in Lexington, KY. $350 fee includes training materials and use of all lapidary equipment. Students will complete one finished faceted gemstone.
- Half-day cabochon class workshop in Lexington, KY. $175 fee includes training materials and use of all lapidary equipment. Students will complete 3-5 finished cabochon cut gemstones.